Students holding a Bachelor in Engineering- option Topography shall be able to join the Lebanese Order of Expert Surveyors.
The program’s aim is to train surveyors-topographers engineers endowed with a good general knowledge in addition to scientific and technological skills to access a wide range of careers and to get adapted to current and future situations.
This program also prepares students to various fields of work (urban and rural planning, cadastral work, spatial geodesy, industrial metrology, geographic information systems, cartography, photogrammetry, remote sensing, etc.).
The surveyor engineer is able to design, develop projects and ensure their implementation, as well as to integrate in multidisciplinary teams.
The training shall ensure, in conjunction with the professional environments, the mastery of major topographical disciplines and devotes an important part to related sciences and techniques.
DIPLOMAUpon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded a Lebanese diploma delivered by the Lebanese Canadian University - LCU.
LANGUAGES OF INSTRUCTION
The program is offered in French and/or in English.
Three years (105 credits): Bachelor in Engineering (B.Eng.), option: Topography
Two years (45 credits): Master in Topographic Engineering (M.Eng.)
Part-time, day and evening class studies
3 semesters per university year: Fall, spring and summer
- Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent degree
- Accredited Freshman (programs available at LCU)
- A Bachelor’s degree for Master candidates (upon file study)
- The consent of the University’s Academic Advisory Committee after studying the applicant’s file
Career opportunities offered to topographers engineers may be found in various sectors:
- Expert surveyors offices
- Technical services of cities and local authorities
- Departmental management of equipment and agriculture
- Research centers
- Topography companies
- Computer and computer graphics companies
- Study and instrumental research offices
- Development and instrument sales companies (application engineers)
- Land or rural development companies
- Large civil engineering companies and study offices
- Geophysics research and exploration companies
- Transfer of knowledge and dissemination of scientific cognition
- Intervention in major projects related to land planning as prime contractor
- Execution of topographical documents containing all data relating to the execution of the work (plans, maps, etc.)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION
•3 recent passport-size photos;
•A photocopy of the National Identity Card or a recent Personal Civil Status Record (or a photocopy of the passport for foreign applicants);
•A certified photocopy of a recent Family Civil Status Record (for Lebanese nationals only);
•An original attestation from the National Social Security Fund or its equivalent, if applicable;
•A certified copy of the Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent issued by the Ministry of Higher Education;
•Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate (BT3) must have their degree certified and then receive the equivalent rating of their degree by the Commission of equivalences;
•A copy of the official transcripts, certified by the school of origin, for the last three years of secondary school;
•A certified copy of the official transcripts of any prior university study, if applicable;
Documents must be prepared in French or in English; if not, they must be accompanied with certified French or English translations made at the university, except for the Family Civil Status Record and the attestation from the National Social Security Fund (NSSF).