The Bachelor in Computer and Communication Engineering program aims to train engineers able to apply the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills acquired in the industrial areas, especially in the development of computer systems.
It also aims to teach students the organization and implementation of IT projects including large scale software, critical systems and networks.
More generally, Computer and Communication Engineering graduates are able to:
- Formalize problems and rigorously analyze them
- Design technical optimal solutions in terms of efficiency and cost
- Elaborate and plan IT projects and solutions in the light of scientific and technological advances
- Design and implement network communicating systems
- Understand the whole strategy of a company in the field of information technologies and communication
- Administrate various types of networks (wired and wireless).
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded a Lebanese diploma delivered by the Lebanese Canadian University - LCU.
LANGUAGES OF INSTRUCTION
The program is offered in French and/or in English.
Three years (105 credits): Bachelor in Engineering (B.Eng.),
option: Computer and Communication
Two years (45 credits): Master in Computer and Communication Engineering
Part-time, day and evening class studies
3 semesters per university year: Fall, spring and summer
- Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent degree
- Accredited Freshman (programs available at LCU)
- A Bachelor’s degree for Master candidates (upon file study)
- The consent of the University’s Academic Advisory Committee after studying the applicant’s file
Holders of a degree in Computer and Communication Engineering will gain access to various job opportunities in the following fields of activities:
- Engineering systems and networks
- Industrial and technical computer engineering
- Installation and maintenance of computer systems
- IT security
- Design of mobile applications
- Management of software development projects (technical design, functional analysis, planning, organization and follow-up)
- Expertise in computer science
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION
•3 recent passport-size photos;
•A photocopy of the National Identity Card or a recent Personal Civil Status Record (or a photocopy of the passport for foreign applicants);
•A certified photocopy of a recent Family Civil Status Record (for Lebanese nationals only);
•An original attestation from the National Social Security Fund or its equivalent, if applicable;
•A certified copy of the Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent issued by the Ministry of Higher Education;
•Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate (BT3) must have their degree certified and then receive the equivalent rating of their degree by the Commission of equivalences;
•A copy of the official transcripts, certified by the school of origin, for the last three years of secondary school;
•A certified copy of the official transcripts of any prior university study, if applicable;
Documents must be prepared in French or in English; if not, they must be accompanied with certified French or English translations made at the university, except for the Family Civil Status Record and the attestation from the National Social Security Fund (NSSF).