The objective of this program is to allow students to acquire a training in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering as well as a training on the biotechnological processes in a context of sustainable development. This program raises students’ awareness to the legal and ethical implications of modern biology and biotechnological engineering as well as its economic aspects.
The knowledge gained from this biotechnological engineering program will enable students to act creatively on problems of concrete biotechnological processes, on equipment and their use in research or in the marketplace.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded a Lebanese diploma delivered by the Lebanese Canadian University – LCU.
LANGUAGES OF INSTRUCTION
The program is offered in French and/or in English.
PROGRAM DURATION Three years (105 credits): Bachelor in Engineering (B.Eng.), option: Biotechnology
Two years (45 credits): Master in Biotechnological Engineering
Part-time, day and evening class studies
3 semesters per university year: Fall, spring and summer
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS- Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent degree
- Accredited Freshman (programs available at LCU)
- A Bachelor’s degree for Master candidates (upon file study)
- The consent of the University’s Academic Advisory Committee after studying the applicant’s file
CAREER OPPORTUNITIESGraduates from this program will gain access to a wide range of career opportunities in the following fields of activities:
- Management and resolution of problems in the different areas of biological and bio-statistic analysis: Massive treatment of biological data (genome, transcriptome, metabolome), modelling of biological processes, analysis of biological images
- Management and involvement in the research and development projects in the food-processing industry
- Transfer of knowledge and dissemination of scientific cognition
- Research and development projects
- Monitoring of scientific, technical and regulatory quality of clinical research projects for establishments promoting a drug
- Preparation and management of medical and scientific conferences
- Management of biological treatment devices in health facilities (hospitals, laboratories, clinics, etc.)
- Development of advanced techniques used in biology research and preventive medicine
- Technical and commercial engineering in different activity sectors (food-processing, health, cosmetics, instrumentation and reagents, remediation to pollution and environment, basic research)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION •3 recent passport-size photos;
•A photocopy of the National Identity Card or a recent Personal Civil Status Record (or a photocopy of the passport for foreign applicants);
•A certified photocopy of a recent Family Civil Status Record (for Lebanese nationals only);
•An original attestation from the National Social Security Fund or its equivalent, if applicable;
•A certified copy of the Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent issued by the Ministry of Higher Education;
•Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate (BT3) must have their degree certified and then receive the equivalent rating of their degree by the Commission of equivalences;
•A copy of the official transcripts, certified by the school of origin, for the last three years of secondary school;
•A certified copy of the official transcripts of any prior university study, if applicable;
Documents must be prepared in French or in English; if not, they must be accompanied with certified French or English translations made at the university, except for the Family Civil Status Record and the attestation from the National Social Security Fund (NSSF)